Thursday, September 15, 2011

"Noble Man" - Healing Weekend By women For Men

I'm thinking of signing up to a totally different experiential weekend in November called "Noble Man." It is a weekend run By women For men. 

It is not specifically designed for SSA (same-sex attraction), but several of my friends have recommended it for help with relating to women and even possibly developing more OSA (opposite sex attraction). That's the part of this whole journey that is still the scariest for me - in part I don't yet have confidence that it's possible. I really need Faith on that.

The weekend was originally intended for OSA men (Opposite-Sex Attracted) who felt disempowered by women or had challenges in their relationships with women. Several of my SSA (same-sex attracted) friends have gone and said it helped them tremendously. They have highly recommended it. I think JONAH (Jews Offering New Alternatives to Healing) also co-sponsored this weekend a few times in the past.


Anyway, here is a synopsis from the Celebration of Being website: http://celebrationofbeing.com/noble-man.html

"The Noble Man workshop is a three-and-a-half-day intensive for men who wish to heal their issues with women. It is a profound process of receiving support and being honored by experienced women holding an unconditional space of acceptance, loving kindness and devotion. This is a safe environment where you can express and explore your fears, wounds and resentments around the feminine and to let go of whatever is in the way of you relating from a space of presence, openness and integrity.
Because of the presence of the Feminine, the true essence of the Masculine can come forth in a more real and integrated way. You will feel supported to travel to the places within your own heart where you have shut down to love. From there you will rediscover where your true masculine strength lies, and be able to fully express your power and presence as a man.
This intensive culminates in a Rite of Passage into your purpose and vision as a whole man, honoring yourself and being honored by women. It is a very unique and individual Initiation for each man; one that helps you experience and honor your special gifts for yourself, for women and for the world. It allows for the true alchemy of the masculine and the feminine to emerge, and the mysterious dance of man and woman to come alive."

I don't know if I'm ready to start working on relating to women yet. I know it can be detrimental to start too early (before developing healthy boundaries and resolving the underlying SSA: same-sex attraction issues.)  I have several friends who got married to women BEFORE they resolved their SSA issues and it actually made their SSA much much worse. I HOPE I can avoid that problem, but that really scares me.

I've been in the process of separating from women completely for the last two years; which was a necessary part of this stage of recovery. In the past, I had a lot of un-healthy relationships with girls because I was relating to them as a peer without healthy boundaries. I have experienced a LOT of healing though in my relationships with other men and so I really should be ready for this. I still feel Fear though.

Also, I probably need to go to the Doctor's office first and get vaccinated for Cooties. 

j/k;)

Pax Christi,
Jeremy


UPDATE (10/4/2011): I'm in Philadelphia right now at the airport, waiting to go to "Noble Man." Anyway, as I mentioned in my Courage group last week, besides JiM, NWTA, Warrior Heart, and JB, I've been to Bull Riding School and boot camps for prison inmates, but I'm actually a little nervous about THIS one.

Anyway, I better quick joking and just send this so I can head over to the emotional baggage claim.

UPDATE (10/8/2011): WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We just finished the Noble Man Weekend weekend. It was really awesome!  It was a totally different experience from the men's weekends I've been to in the past. It was really powerful though in totally different ways. 
I remember when Rich Wyler first mentioned to me that he was planning to go. At the time, he explained that it was a weekend "run by women for men" and I thought "Ewww! Why would anyone want to go to that?"  Two years ago, I wouldn't have been ready for this, but this weekend was the perfect timing. I felt totally confident in my own masculinity and my relationships with other men. I was able to relate to women with authentiticity and vulnerability, without feeling drawn in or smothered by them.  
My boundaries were secure and I was really able to appreciate Woman as OTHER - as the Opposite sex. God's creation is VERY GOOD! :)   I will plan on writing more soon. I feel like I'm "girl crazy" right now. It is so weird starting Puberty in my early thirties! ;)
The girls on staff chose this theme song for Me:)



UPDATE (1/12/2013): Here is a great transcript of a talked given by Dr.Jeffrey Robinson called "Developing Heterosexual Desire"

No comments:

Post a Comment